BRITAIN'S LEADING HISTORICAL RAILWAY JOURNAL
Sample Issue - January 2008 Journal
This edition of BackTrack has been made available for downloading. Each article and feature has been made into a PDF file which can
be downloaded and viewed in Adobe Reader. If you do not have Reader see below for how to obtain it.
In order to reduce the download times the resolution of the pictures have been reduced, this reduces the quality of the photgraphs
compared with the paper copy of the journal.
Even with these reductions the sizes of several of the files are large. On a 2Mgbps broadband link it typically takes 10-20 seconds
for many of the articles to download before the first page displays. For dial up links it may take several minutes.
This sample shows the type, range and quality of the articles which appear in the magazine each month. This is typical of the
monthly journal but this particular issue is out of stock. In the magazine some of the articles cover several pages and the titles span two pages.
You can either load an individual article or the whole journal.
Front and Back Cover Front and Back Cover
The North Cornwall Line - Part 1 - David Thrower details the history of
the LSWR line to Padstow.
Flowers and the City
- John Reohorn traces the genealogy of the GWR express passenger classes.
'Please shew all Tickets!'
- Geoffrey Skelsey presents the legacy of Thomas Edmondson, inventor of the traditional railway ticket.
150 Years of the Somerset & Dorset Railway
- an anniversary history of the origins of this much-loved railway by Mike Beale.
Caledonian Threesome - a collection of photographs
Mr. Peppercorn's A2 Pacifics
- a colour spread of these LNER 4-6-2s by Derek Penney.
The Great Western Railcars
- four pages of colour photographs.
The early photographs of Eric Treacy
- Martin Welch presents some of this famous cameraman's first railway photographs, of LMS express locomotives on Merseyside.
A Wasted Opportunity
- Alistair F. Nisbet reflects on the neglect and demise of the Horsham to Guildford line.
On Furness Lines - four pages on colour photographs of the scenic
Furness Railways route between Carnforth and Barrow.
Secrets of the Log Books
- Alan Wells looks at events recorded in Occurrence Books from signal boxes on the Blyth & Tyne branches in Northumberland.
'Export or Die'
- British Diesel-Electric Manufacturers and Modernisation - Part 1: Roots - by Michael Rutherford.
All Articles In Journal
All the articles above in one file
Download Sizes and Pages
If you do not have Adobe Acrobat you can download it free from Adobe.
December 2007 | Next Month
Go To Home Page | Order A Back Issue | Subscribe Now | Search Site
2006 Index | 2007 Index | 2008 Index | 2009 Index | 2010 Index
2011 Index | 2012 Index | 2013 Index | 2014 Index | 2015 Index
2016 Index | 2017 Journals
All material on this site is @2017 Pendragon Publishing. Reproduction in any form is prohibited. All rights reserved.
Comments or issues with the Web site to: Derek@Gillibrandd.plus.com
THE COMPREHENSIVE VOICE OF RAILWAY HISTORY